Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Progress of the build

Between work and the site now things are very busy, not able to keep this as updated as i have been keeping it, another week down and the roof is lathed and felted, velux windows and lead are on site, awaiting a delivery of Slates on Thursday these have caused a slight delay, so order early if you need; i ordered them a week in advance wanted them Last Friday or this Monday, but the ship is only arriving Thursday!
The carpenters are off site this week so i have my father and harry at completing block work, and laying all the window cills, and the other lad is erecting and laying out all the timber studs upstairs things are really flying at the moment, the carpenters are back on site next Monday to start the slating, i will hire a teleporter for the day to load out the roof will save on the labour associated with it €170 a day for the teleporter, we will put a few pallets up on the scaffold too.
I was there at the weekend and my Mammy Sister younger brother and my other brothers girlfriend came to site, myself and my brother filled the chimney with a lime cement and sand mix, and the three girls cleaned up and gathered all the bits of timber thrown around the site, all it cost me was a free dinner to all :)

No comments: