Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Roof End of Week 1










We were working out at the site on saturday myself dad, and my brother finished blockwork to the sunroom and progressed works to the internal gable looking out to the sitting room floor. I decided to buy a 9 x 9 pine beam to use as the lintel here and make a feature out of it. My father started blocklaying the external gable yesterday, and the carpenters were at the stud walls and cutting out the opes for the velux windows. They asked me to buy some OSB board for the backing of the studs to provide sound and noise insulation and also offers better integrity, i got a further 60 sheets to put on the plywood deck to cut out noise transference and foot traffic to downstairs. Pictures below represent one weeks work for the carpenters.

No comments: